A successful outcome stemming from the GCSCI Mission to Brazil led by Commissioner Brown was a partnering of GCSCI
with Greater Columbus Arts Council to sponsor Columbus artist Alison Crocetta‘s participation in the performance art program of the Bienal Internacional de Curitiba from August 15-23.
This year’s Bienal, focusing on the art of light, will be held from August to December 2015 and will occupy the interior of museums and will also be visible in public and open spaces such as streets, squares and parks scattered around town. The general curator is the art critic, Teixeira Coelho. Main aspects of the Bienal will be.
- Exhibitions featuring artists from Europe, the Americas, Africa, Asia and Oceania
- Lectures and round tables
- Film exhibitions
- Performances and urban interventions in various locations around the city
- An extensive educational project
- Special programs in the areas of Literature and Cinema